Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thrill Of The Journey

It's a bit scary when thinking ahead into the future, not like a day ahead, or even possibly a week, but for me, thinking any longer than that is a strain. Thinking too much into the future can cause anxiety, which can be followed by fear. Looking too much into the past can be depressing for some. I want to make sure that when I move forward in my life, I will be able to look back at the past, and feel absolutely in love with the life I had lived.

I have always been a girl who lived off impulsive decision making. In the last year or so, I've calmed down a bit, and started to really think about what I want out of my life. I guess everybody warned me about that stage, and there I was, and still here I am…just putting all the pieces together on this giant puzzle of life. While putting one piece together at a time, I am starting to figure out myself more and more which is giving me a path. One thing I have always known, and will never forget, is, Yes I still am impulsive decision maker, and I always will be. Maybe that's just another reason why traveling is perfect for me.


These last few days have got me to look inside myself, within my heart and mind, and to see what I can do to make myself the happiest person I can be. I have to knock some things out of the park, tie up loose ends. After all that is taken care of, I will see what will be on the agenda, but I won't think about it too hard. Although it will include some music festivals, and beautiful landscapes, with great company on the way, where that may be. I get the THRILL from the journey, not the destination. 


No comments:

Post a Comment