Thursday, August 29, 2013

People, Passion, & a Purpose

When I see somebody who is passionate about something in their life, it inspires me. It countinuously gives me a sparking urge when I see how happy other people are to have that one thing in their life that makes it worth living.
When I see a genuine smile and laugh, it makes me smile and laugh. When I see someone who is appreciating the life they have, it makes me want to do the same with mine. When I see somebody putting time and effort into something they are overjoyed about, I feel like I would be losing the time I have left if I wasn't doing the same. So I choose to spend the time I have doing what I want, and not focusing on what it is that others would want out of me.

{Me Playing Outside King Street Station, Thanks Colors!}
{These two were carrying more instruments with them then anything else. HERE is a short clip of them jamming out. My guitar gets a lot of uses out it.}


I am so inspired by other peoples passion so much that it makes me want to become something more than whatever I thought was possible for myself. 
When I see somebody that has that passion in them, whatever it is that makes them thrive, I take great pleasure watching them bloom into the best person they were meant to be. In that action alone, it shows the world that anybody else can do it as well.
I remember when I wanted to just "figure it out". Only for the sake of everybody else pestering me about it. It was during that weird time, right before graduation, when it seemed like around every corner there was somebody asking me "So what's next?", "What are you going to school for?" (As if it wasn't an option to not go to school). It was like I needed to give such a grand explanation to a frightening question. I spent the last 18 years of my life knowing what was next. It was all mapped out for me even sense I came out of the womb. Kindergarten, Gradeschool, Middle school, High school... and now.... College? possibly? I didn't know, but I was pressured to know. 

{The Band Gaea, sharing their music with hempfest gathers.}


{Video Here. My Version, super crappy. Real life version. Amazing. Their Story here ----> Gaeasoul.com}

I didn't want to purse college, but when I gave that anwser out to a lot of "grown adults", they looked at me in a stern way, and proceeded to tell me "That's not a good idea. You have a bright future ahead of yourself, get your head on straight". I had, and still do have a bright future ahead. I have one every second of the day. Right now is bright. Hopefully in 5 minutes ill still be in a positive mood. I can do that without school.
In all of my reality, I had not a clue what I really wanted to do. Did I want a career? Sure. What could I see myself doing? Well… what made good money? Naively I picked nursing, which I knew nothing about, only that it made good money and I didn’t have to dress up. 
Fortunately, I had picked up on my inner being, and it was telling me that I wasn’t going to be happy with this choice. It wasn’t going to be worth it. The money would be good, but money isn’t even close to what makes me happy. I was looking into going to school because I was taught that school is what you have to do to become successful. Sure, I can still go to school, but sitting in a classroom reading from books isn’t going to be purposeful for me. 

{Fishbowl Bandmates. Geoff Left, singing his heart out, loud and proud. To The right is Sean, making my guitar sound like reggae angels.}
{Videos Here, and Here, again...quality....I know. Bear with me until I get a step up)


I think every person has a right to define success in their lives. To some, havin a family would be called success, to another person, becoming a CEO may be defined as a success, but to me, none of those are what would make me feel successful. I can find the beauty in individuality. I can see something indifferent about somebody, and I can share what I experience I have had for that person, or that place I was in.
All I want out of my life is to be happy. I want others to feed off of my happiness and create some of their own. I want to do something with my life because I LOVE IT, not because it’s something somebody else wants me to do. I have come to find that having a passion for something, also brings on a new skill set. If I didn’t have much of a knack for selling something, I sure do now, and I’m not even trying.  Every day I have infinite opportunity’s awaiting me. I just had to step outside my door, and look for them.

{Olympic Scultpure Park. Sailboats sailing home after Sunset. It was a nice moment}








No comments:

Post a Comment