Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Magician on a Motorcycle

Niko Ritter - "I went to New Orleans to get a scoop of influence"

There are few people that I meet that literally make their dreams come true. I think that we all dream of doing something so great for ourselves, but we get trapped in the way we are supposed to act in a society. Niko Ritter- AKA Magician On A Motorcycle, has been living up his dreams, yes, plural. 

Magician, Street Performer, Busker, Motor cycle enthusiast, and above all, knowledgeable  He of course has a great story of living on a dream. This dream  that Niko had consisted of the sounds of a motorcycle, which he described as a vivid sound, something familiar, in an unfamiliar way. Niko had very little experience with motorcycles, so he had little idea how to drive one, let alone think about driving across the country when he got on his new 004 Kawasaki KLR650 Dual-Sport. That dream started a passion that was just the beginning to his future purposes and aspirations.  

I met Niko on the Seattle Waterfront, where I noticed a bigger crowd surrounding a street performer. I was jogging by, but I decided to stop to see what the hype was about. I stepped my way up to a orange rope that Niko was encircled by. It was a stage he was able to provide his audience and show goer’s.  I was surprised by the card tricks, disappearing acts, and good humor that was unexpectedly provided to me. The way that he captured his crowd was outstanding. He had jokes for the children  the parents, the strolling couple, and the individuals. I was enriched in the performance and had to talk to him.

Niko grew up in Duvall, Washington. A smaller town 30 minutes east of Seattle. He frequents the Market on most weekends, and occasional weekdays.  Niko has been to New Orleans and back, busking on the way in cities and towns, seeing new faces, and most of all, learning new tricks of the trade whenever he can.



One of the  last weekend’s that Niko had in the city, we paled around for a while. He would tell me his thought process with how the market crowd seemed to work. We talked about the how much we have grown into what we really love doing.

If I were to describe Niko in one word- it would be driven. He drives his heart, mind, and soul into all that he is. He is learning and growing so much in the life of living off magic. Humor and Charm play a big part in Nikos acts. The world is gifting him with the gift of feeling alive, something that some people feel few and far between .Its admirable, and I can only feel the most joy for a person when they are using the gift of life, and unwrapping it, discovering it, feeling every emotion and learning from them. This means not backing away because of the unknown that lie ahead, but confronting that fear and preparing yourself for the adventure.






“I thanked them for watching, and set about picking the rope, helmet, and paintbrush off of the ground. I put the props back in my bag, and when I looked up there was still three or four different groups of people standing there.

A gentleman asked “So, uh, where do we put the money, man?”, holding a dollar in his hand.

“Honestly sir, I appreciate the gesture, but I didn't really see many people having fun. I didn't feel like that was a very good show, so I’d prefer it if you just kept the dollar.” I smiled. This confused the hell out of the ten or so people standing there.”





I didn't get to spend as nearly as enough time as I wished I could have with Niko, but I only hope to meet up somewhere on the road ahead while on my journey. What I do know is Niko is a great influence to anyone who has something they want to make into a reality.

Until we meet again my friend. To the road ahead.


Check out Nikos Video Below 

: )


No comments:

Post a Comment