Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Mini September Stories

Month Of September 

Chuck had asked me to help out on his video before he was to take off on his upcoming adventures. Shooting in this particular shot was tricky. With people coming up the pier every few seconds, we had a lot of waiting to do. Along with the train that never seemed to stop. If you haven't checked up on Chuck and his near future plans, along with the video, check it out here. 


The usual North of Seattle trip to my parents has been less often, but I have been able to appreciate the beauty of the small neighborhood they reside in. Its like a mini get away. I got into a great conversation with a newish neighbor, Brian. While waiting for a fish to bite the line, me and Brian got into topics like religion, happiness within ones self, and healing from heartache. 

"Don't let your wants keep you from enjoying what you have"
-Brian


I have met a really awesome new friend here in Seattle. Eamonn is one of the nicest, laid back guys I have met. While I met Eamonn during one of my spastic everyday trips to Pike Place, I also discovered he lives pretty close to my moms, and so we made a plan to take a hike to Big Gulch. The day started off with tons of heavy rain, but we decided to not care and go anyway. Eamonn also prepared some really good Veggie Pitas. Which he named a Green Pita. 

























I have somehow managed to make my way down into a basement full of old studio rooms on Capitol Hill. This place holds practically every band that plays locally in the Seattle area, mostly,  the Capitol hill crowd. Its called the Crybaby Studios. There was no doubt that this place hadn't lived up a party or two, (a week). It was grimy in all the right ways. This place made me feel like I was living the life of William Miller, in Almost Famous. An aspiring Journalist (Heyyoo!) that follows an upcoming rock band. This experience made me feel really really cool. Like I was cool enough to hang out with Curt Cobain, because that place sure seemed to be the place Nirvana would be playing in. after all...cap hill. What are the odds?

The "smoking room" consisted of a bra stapled to the wall, no ventilation, and lots of lyrics scribed onto anything that had surface. It was a very Seattle grudge type of room. I felt like I was living in the early 90's, which is odd considering that is when I was born. That was probably the last time they had changed the ash trays as well. Imagine a pot filled with just ashes from 10 years of cigarettes. Gross, yet, nothing id ever seen before. The Crybaby Studio definitely had that kind of feel that I know I will probably never experience again. The true underground tour of Seattle. 


The perks of living at the Y. Free studio time. I get a chance to dance in the city studio, basically whenever. I have a blast dancing in any place, but this is the space that I call "me" time. I get some real practice in and I <3 it.




Once upon a time there was two really good friends named Brie' and Nav. Together they were called Nav'Ana. They had some crazy cool adventures, some of the best adventures in all time. Like Emo Valentines day of 2010, were it was a great photo op. An unsuccessful stop light party (Green for single) that we attended for a whole 5 minutes. Multiple road trips to Vancouver B.C. And I can't forget the the time where we kinda caused a couple accidents on the Bellevue off ramp. Time seriously flies. 

Here is the ending result to a very awesome Emo Valentines day.



Fast Forward 2013. Me and Nav got to catch up on what we are doing in our lives now. Reminiscing about the old Nav'Ana days and mostly just looking forward into what we are both wanting out of our lives now. I am so grateful to have had some of the best people in my life at some point or another.



 Promos for September

Did the Color Run for KIND. Handing out Snacks never felt so awesome. 

And that's a wrap!




No comments:

Post a Comment