Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Individuality, We all have it.

Aristotle, being the great Greek philosopher he once was, had said
“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.
And what a simple, yet powering statement.

The feeling of my own personal enlightenment started in the core of my body, where my soul had been resting for all these years. It had been waiting to be awakened by the spirit that sparked my mind and body. I know this can sound kinda crazy, and a bit coo coo, but this is from my experience alone. I am sharing what I have discovered while try to get to know myself. It is only fair that I involve my thoughts with my feelings, and let the writing flow. I know a ton of people who has had the same initial feelings that I had felt. 

{Pike Place at night}


It’s not impossible to achieve a love, respect, and even a relationship with one’s self. I know this because I have, and I continue to learn how to make my life more meaningful. Using my mind in different ways makes it grow, gives me ridges. Using my body in different ways makes me stronger, and I feel powerful. I am practicing these tools that I was BORN with, and learning them like instruments. These are the instruments that were given to me at birth, and I don’t want to waste the good gifts that I was given. (as I did with the clarinet in 6th grade)

I hear people all the time tell me that they wished they had a musical talent.

LIKE THIS GUY.


This is one of those things that I merely respond with “You can”. I think people need a desire to pick up on something, an influence to provide some sort of guidance, and enthusiasm to learn and broaden the mind.
In my experience, talking about this with other musicians, I think I have come up with the conclusion with the whole “picking up an instrument” deal. 

1.    It’s always the beginning that is the biggest hurdle. Processing information that is fresh and new can be overwhelming and exhausting.

2.    Going back and challenging you a little bit more. Before I even realized it, chords were easier to play each time I had picked it up. Eventually it became exciting, and not so overwhelming. 

3.    There is nothing like feeling excitement from an accomplishment. NOTHING. You want to give yourself a great big hug, and it will be wonderful.

4.    If you like music, try out different ways of playing. You can even start tapping your hands to a song, make a beat, use your voice, or make something up. There is not only one instrument that you have to stick to

5.     Music is just another form of self-expression of living in the moment. If you like dancing, dance. If you like singing, sing. If you like talking, talk. Do whatever makes you happy. Ignore the feeling of your self-doubt, instead try tuning into self-discovery.

I think anybody can apply these "instrument guidelines" to the instruments that we have been carrying within us our whole lives. They may be stored away somewhere, in a closet, in a mind, or an inner core, but just like playing a physical instrument, you have to tune it to make a sweet sound. I want that sweet sound to hum in my ear for the rest of my life, and I want to make it the sweetest sound I have ever heard.

{Beautiful travel day to Bainbridge Island}


It’s a waste of my energy if I find no passion in something. If I try to continue on a routine where it still hasn’t’ proved interest for me, or given me that spark, I can let it go. My life is about finding out what I am good at, and seeing if I enjoy doing it. I can put my spiritual ego down by leaving it to someone who enjoys it. If I have no interest in excelling in something, then I won’t. 


Ellie Cole is a great example of a normal everyday person making sure to take in the uneventful moments, and turning them into a joyous time. Elli, a 35 years old, British Women, was in Eastleigh UK, waiting for the bus to arrive. Ellie choose to occupy that time she had, and occupied it by doing something she loved. Danced. She danced while she waited, in style of course.





Now Ellie has a great gig, Alesha’s song is being played more, and a whole bunch of people are inspired. I applaud Ellie for the fact that she didn’t have to compromise her own happiness for anyone or anything.

I have my headphones in every day on the way back from work and I just can’t help myself – I just dance”, “Wherever I am, if there’s music I find myself jigging along to it.
--ELLIE COLE--

I know not everybody has that deep connection with music, that’s okay, not everybody has too. Maybe some people get inspired from poems, or by books, or even by watching YouTube clips all day… whatever it is that keeps people happy, and drives them forward, I say keep doing it. 

For me, a song can play on so many different emotions. I listen to songs that inspire me in different ways. There are songs that I listen to when I write, there are songs I listen to when I dance, and there are songs I listen to in a poetic form, where I try to understand that persons artistic output. There are also songs I listen to when I feel apathetic. 

Who knows, maybe my dancing at bus stops, or my way of grooving down the streets will get me places as well. It’s all about the Self- awareness. 

{Relaxation time on South Lake Union}


Being myself to the best of my ability from the knowledge I have accumulated has made me feel empowered. Being who I am and embracing it has got me to understand that nobody else’s personal opinion about me matters, because my happiness comes from within – Yes another cliche that rings true to me. I just have to find what makes me trick, and tune into it. If I am able to give advice to anyone right now, it’s going to go along the lines of..... You have to find yourself, learn to accept yourself, and then you will find comfort in doing anything great for yourself.

As for me, if music wasn't obvious enough, I have other things about me I like to embrace.

Examples. WITH PICTURES!!

Silly Frames, as they come in the multiples. 

 

       

Has a Knack for painting a picture every so often
Stayin Crafty!


 I bring my dancing feet with me, and dance almost constantly when alone. I also bring my guitar most places, but your lucky to catch me playing/

(Hempfest Photographer caught me at a rare moment!)


I am finding the little things in my life make me happy and sharing it with others, so they can find their happiness and we can all live in bliss. 
:D





No comments:

Post a Comment